Thursday, July 17, 2008

And so it goes...

It's been awhile since I've posted anything here. I've just been incredibly busy... and lazy.

To wrap up the RV saga, we sold it off. Both buyers we had lined up flaked out on us (I guess it's just a Craigslist thing), so we were worried that we would just have to scrap it. But at the last minute, our neighbor at the RV park decided to buy it. But he can only afford $200 a month. What the hell, it's better than nothing.

So here we are in St. Helens, OR. I've put in a whole assload of resumes and applications in this tiny little mill town, and have only managed to score two interviews (one of them is tomorrow--wish me luck). And now the Tracker's on half a tank, and I've used up my last paycheck. Throw in the fact that my child support (which was paid up when I quit my job) is starting to rack up, and you see I have some serious cash flow issues.

Think that's bad? Try this... soon after we moved in, Diane's aunt (who we are staying with) received a 30-day notice to vacate her apartment. So we need to find a place to move into within the next couple of weeks. That's not going to be easy, as there is only one member of the household who is working, so there's no money to pay for the whole "first-and-last-plus-deposit" thing. So it sucks to be me right now.

In other news, I've been looking into the history of Columbia County. So far it's been a pretty sad state of affairs... the county museum is shut down, with no plans to reopen. The local library doesn't seem to have too much info on the subject. And the average yokel seems to think that the local history begins and ends with Lewis & Clark. So I've made up my mind to fix that, with my own special twist, of course. I'll be starting another blog about it soon, probably today.

Hopefully I'll be able to track down some local historians to help out with leads, fact checking, etc. I don't know how agreeable they'll be--it's not the kind of history they'll want to focus on--but it's a hell of a lot more interesting than a couple of white dudes paddling down the river, on their way to somewhere else.

0 comments:

 
The Offbeat Path © 2007 Template feito por Templates para Você