Friday, June 27, 2008

Down to the wire

So this is it. We leave for Oregon tomorrow, and we still haven't sold the RV. But we do have a buyer... in fact, we have two.

After hearing virtually nothing all week, we had two guys come out to look at the rig yesterday. The firat one I'm not so sure about... it was a little too big for him, and I could almost hear the internal dialog going on. He said he would call us.

But the second guy I have a good feeling about. He seems like a decent guy, and he has a reason he wants the RV that I won't get into because it's his own private thing. So I'll just say that I'd feel really good about carrying an owner contract to help him out. Plus, he gave us a dollar amount he could pay, and said he'd be by this afternoon with cash in hand.

I gotta say that I like the security of having a couple buyers on the hook, but I'd hate to have one jump through a lot of hoops to make arrangements to buy it, only to be told that it's been sold to someone else.

Diane's been running herself ragged getting everything packed up and ready to go. I haven't been able to do much of anything because I've been finishing things up at work. Today is my last day there, and even though I've hated the job with a passion for the last couple of years, I know I'm going to miss the place.

And if all this wasn't enough, I have to make a court appearance Monday. When my wife and I split up, my oldest daughter Brittany stayed with me. Then in October she went to live with her mother, who signed her up for welfare benefits. That triggered a child support issue with the state... but a few months later, Brittany came back to live with me.

So I need to make arrangements to appear by phone and explain the situation to them -- especially the fact that they want to go after me for back child support, most of which includes the time that she was living with me! This is a subject for another post altogether, but all I've seen from these child support officials is lies and incompetence. I love my kids and I'll do whatever it takes to see that they're provided for (without having the government's nose in my business, if I had the choice), but it would be nice if child support would work with people to make it happen instead of just coming up with an arbitrary dollar amount and forcing you to pay... and it would be nice if they did their homework first.

Like I said, that's another post altogether.

0 comments:

 
The Offbeat Path © 2007 Template feito por Templates para Você