Monday, June 23, 2008

Getting started...

So here it is, the first journal entry. I'm going to try to do this daily, but we'll see how it goes. I don't have too much spare time these days.

Right now we're getting ready to move to Oregon. My fiance Diane is doing most of the packing while I train my replacement at work and finish out the week. Then there's the problem of selling off the RV we've been living in -- I'd love to keep it, but the tires on this thing will never make it to Oregon.

I'm not sure what I'll do once I'm down there. St. Helens, OR is pretty much just a mill town -- a bedroom community of Portland. Not much opportunity there, and for the moment I still need to work for The Man to make ends meet.

And then there's the book. Writing takes time. Traveling takes money. And right now we don't have much of either. But I'm determined to get it done on time. We'll see how it goes, but in the meantime I gotta get ready for work...

0 comments:

 
The Offbeat Path © 2007 Template feito por Templates para Você